The Novartis Group Companies in the US is committed to serving as a responsible corporate citizen. We operate in a manner that is sustainable - economically, socially, and environmentally - and in the best interests for the long-term success of the Group and the communities in which we live and work.
Our commitment to good corporate citizenship is an important part of who we are, why people choose to work here, and why people choose to do business with us. It's critical to our business success and our reputation in the community. Our stockholders, employees, customers, and suppliers expect it. Some important points to note regarding our commitment to corporate citizenship are as follows:
- Novartis is an industry leader in providing novel medicines for unmet medical needs (e.g., malaria and leprosy) and works with the World Health Organization (WHO) to provide access to these and other needed medicines.
- The Novartis Group was one of the first companies to sign the UN Global Compact, which seeks to promote responsible corporate citizenship so that business can be part of the solution to the challenges of globalization.
- Novartis is working toward becoming a best-in-class leader in Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE), including energy efficiency and the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions according to the Kyoto Protocol.
- Novartis is committed to transparency in its business ethics and provides our associates with training and awareness programs on Ethics and Law Compliance, our Code of Conduct, and Corporate Citizenship.
Novartis US companies are aligned with the commitment of Novartis globally to corporate citizenship. This commitment rests on four pillars:
- Business conduct
- People and communities
- Environmental care
Novartis US is partnering with organizations across the country with the goal of improving the communities where we live and work. Two such organizations are VetDogs® and the LINK Community School in Newark, NJ.
- VetDogs® trains guide and service dogs to support wounded and disabled Veterans. Novartis provides heartworm preventive medication to protect the canine partners that protect the independence of the people America’s VetDogs® serve.
- The LINK Community School provides independent middle school education for Newark adolescents from economically disadvantaged families. The Novartis Science Lab and Program provides a full immersion in the subject, sponsors field trips and special projects, and has a formal mentorship program.
For more information, visit the corporate citizenship section of the Novartis global web site.
Novartis in the Community
Learn more about organizations we support